Catholic Womens’ League
THE PURPOSE OF THE CWL
- To unite Catholic women in their service to God, the Church and the family.
- To assist with parish work.
- To consolidate Catholic action among Catholic women in defence of Catholic principals.
- To engage in social welfare activities such as caring for the aged, family welfare and community work for the under-privileged
THE FUNCTIONS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE CWL
- We offer a service of supplying tea at funerals.
- We assist with tea and refreshments for most of the parish functions as well as assisting the Holy Cross Sisters with teas when they have functions at our parish.
- On Mothers’ and Fathers’ day we source, package and distribute gifts for our parish mothers and fathers.
- We choose specific projects to assist the needy and currently we are supporting St Mary’s Home of Hope, situated in Parow. This is a place for abused women and children which is run by one of our own members, Maria Basson. We make a monthly contribution towards the purchase of electricity and also assist financially when maintenance of this building is needed
- We also contribute to projects undertaken by the Cape Town Diocese Catholic Womens’ League.
- Currently we are putting together a wardrobe of costumes to assist the youth with the parish Carols by Candlelight which has become an annual parish event.
WHO IS THE GROUP TARGETED TO
The aged, the underprivileged, the poor and the young.
HOW OFTEN DO WE MEET
We meet every 2nd Tues of each month from 6.45 to 8.30 in the Blue Room of the St Pio Centre.
Membership is open to all Catholic ladies.
WHO CAN BE CONTACTED
Allison Hansby cell: 0829073007 Click to email
Dulce Pereira cell: 0834409782 Click to email