Procedure for the Reception of the Sacraments of Matrimony
- Pre-Marriage classes are a requirement of the Archdiocese of Cape Town and are conducted at various venues in the diocese.
- A period of 6 months notification of an intended marriage is required.
- Preference will always be given to parishioners.
- Couples are further required to make arrangements for an interview with the Parish Priest prior to attending pre-marriage sessions and to complete all relevant pre-marriage forms.
- Catholics from other parishes may use our Church, but they would be obligated to give a donation for use of the church as stipulated by the secretary
- The parish organists are available to play as no one outside of this small group may have use of the pipe organ.
- In extenuating circumstances, a guest organist will be permitted if they provide evidence of their qualification to play the organ.
- In this case, the guest organist will be required to pay for the use of the instrument.
- The church, buildings or garden will not be used as a venue for any form of photo shoots
- Wedding photographers are requested to speak to the priest conducting the Service prior to the wedding. We expect reverence and respect for all who attend the Service.
- No wedding bookings to be made during the 5th and 6th weeks of Lent and also not over the Easter Weekend.
- The Sacristan will discuss the need for flowers before the wedding. Should the couple choose to use their own flower arrangements, it must be made clear that the church is willing to leave the existing flower arrangements on the Sanctuary if they so wish. Alternatively, they may choose to only have their arrangements on the Sanctuary. People will be given the option to choose.
- Stole fees are available at the parish office.